Charlottesville Real Estate Info [2011-05-08]
KIPLINGER RATES CHARLOTTESVILLE AS #1 PLACE TO RETIRE! Click here to read more!
LOOKING FOR A BARGAIN PRICED FORECLOSURE? There are numerous bank-owned properties on the market in our area ranging in price as low as $32,900 up to $3.9 million. Email me for a list! It is important to note though, that just because it’s a foreclosure property, does not necessarily mean that it is a “great deal”. I can help you to determine if the foreclosure property you are looking at is a good deal and walk you through the entire process keeping your best interests in mind. I can also email you as soon as a new foreclosure property hits the market. Just email me at [email protected], and I will set it up. It’s that simple!
THINKING ABOUT NEW CONSTRUCTION? Gibson Homes of Charlottesville is a custom homebuilder with a solid reputation for building high quality, energy efficient homes for the savvy buyer. Currently building in Belvedere (Charlottesville hottest neighborhood) as well as Wexford, Greenecroft & Waters Edge in Greene County. CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO
SHORT SALE OFFERS If a home is being sold for below what the current seller owes on a property—and the seller does not have other funds to make up the difference at closing—the sale is considered a short sale. Many more home owners are finding themselves in this situation due to a number of factors, including job losses, aggressive borrowing against their home in the days of easy credit, and declining home values in a slower real estate market.
A short sale is different from a foreclosure, which is when the seller’s lender has taken title of the home and is selling it directly. Homeowners often try to accomplish a short sale in order to avoid foreclosure. There are currently 75 short sales in our local market, but a short sale holds many potential pitfalls for buyers. Know the risks before you pursue a short-sale purchase. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
CHARLOTTESVILLE’S 1ST QUARTER 2011 MARKET REPORT NOW AVAILABLE!
- Results in our local market are in line with national figures.
- The numbers indicate we are continuing to work toward a sustainable and saleable market.
- Overall, pricing rules the day. Median sales price for the region is $19,000 less than the median for the first quarter of 2010 reflecting continual declines, making homes more affordable. The most affordable markets remain in the outlying localities of Fluvanna, Louisa, and Orange.
- Home sales increased by 23 homes over this same time last year, and are only 11% below the five-year average.
- Active listing inventory is at 3,239, which is 114 lower than active listings this same time last year, and 156 below the five-year average. Pending sales are at 217…….Please click here for a copy of the Full 1st Quarter 2011 Market Report
DID YOU KNOW THAT CHARLOTTESVILLE IS ONE OF THE TOP TEN HEALTHIEST PLACES TO LIVE? That’s right AARP Magazine has named Charlottesville #7 of the top ten healthiest places to live and retire. Click Here to Read All About It
WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S HAPPENING AT CHARLOTTESVILLE’S DOWNTOWN MALL? Click Here to Check it Out
WANT A COPY OF ALBEMARLE COUNTY’S 2010 ANNUAL REPORT? Click Here for a copy
HAVE A LEASE ENDING SOON?
With interest rates at an all-time low and inventory of affordable homes up, now’s the time to buy that dream home!
THINK YOU SHOULD WAIT TO BUY A HOME? Consider the costs of waiting…
- Interest rates are at an all-time low and this affects the amount you can borrow. For example, a $200,000 house at 5.75% interest rate over 30 years has a monthly payment of $1,168/month. At 6.25% interest rate (just .5% more), it has a monthly payment of $1,233/month.
- Inventory is at an all-time high! So the combination of low interest rates and high inventory makes for perfect market conditions for buyers.