Civil & Family Law Attorneys in Charlottesville
Every family needs legal support and guidance at some stage
Whether you’re at the crossroads facing a divorce, child custody/visitation, opening a new business, or dealing with a disagreeable neighbor, or even frustrated with Social Security or workers compensation claims, Miller Law Group, P.C. and our team of civil litigation lawyers and support staff in Charlottesville can help.
We have been serving the needs of families in central Virginia for many years. Our goal is to lend support and counsel to guide families through their milestones, giving you peace of mind. Whether you come to us angry, frustrated, afraid or aggressive, we work diligently to meet your goals.
When you want to adopt
Bringing a child into your home can be a joyous event, but sometimes bureaucracy and red tape get in the way. Miller Law Group, P.C.’s family lawyers in Charlottesville can make sure your adoption proceeds as smoothly as possible so you and your child can begin your life together.
When you need benefits from an injury claim
We know how frustrating it can be when you have been injured because someone else was negligent. Miller Law Group has helped injured clients in many situations, including injuries or death as a result of automobile, motorcycle, or bicycle accidents, as well as being bitten by dogs or getting hurt on a neighbor’s property. We also help people seriously injured by defective products or toxic substances. Since we know how to manage cases across a broad range of injuries and their causes, the Miller Law Group has a reputation for success.
When your marriage ends
We routinely handle cases that involve:
- Divorce — Ending a marriage involves a series of decisions for your future and that of your children. And at a time when emotions may run high, you can rest assured that an experienced divorce lawyer is guiding you through the process, helping you see the short- and long-term impact of your choices. We listen patiently to the details of your situation and advise you through every stage of your divorce, including distribution of your property. We advocate for your best interest from the initial consultation through final decree and beyond, if need be.
- Spousal support — We work hard to advocate for the financial benefits of the spouse in a divorce. It is not easy to adapt to the financial impact of divorce. Miller Law Group, P.C. strives to reach a fair and reasonable result for our divorcing clients.
- Child custody and visitation — Custody and visitation matters can be the most heart wrenching. It is often best when divorcing couples can agree on custody and visitation. But when that’s not possible, we take the matter to court, advising you step by step on what you can expect. Above all else, the court keeps the child’s best interests in mind.
- Child support — In Virginia, the level of child support is determined by state guidelines based on income and the number of children involved. However, the court can deviate from these guidelines to ensure the child’s needs are met. Our divorce lawyers can help you understand the guidelines and how they apply to your situation.
- Modifications for child support, custody or spousal support — Sometimes circumstances change following the court’s decision on child support, child custody or spousal support. Only the court can grant changes. Miller Law Group, P.C.’s attorneys can present the request for changes to the court in seeking — or objecting to — changes to the court’s prior rulings.
We help you live your life!
With more than 30 years of combined experience, our team of civil law attorneys in Charlottesville and professional staff at Miller Law Group, P.C. has worked hard to protect what’s important to our clients, including their assets and their families. Call us locally at 434-218-3987 or contact us online today for your FREE APPOINTMENT. Our law firm is located behind the Senior Center and is handicapped-accessible. Parking is available outside the door.
Serving the communities of central Virginia, including Albemarle, Augusta, Buckingham, Charlottesville, Culpeper, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Orange, Harrisonburg, Staunton and Waynesboro