Charlottesville Real Estate Attorneys
Representing your property interests now and for the future
Conveniently located to serve the needs of central Virginia, Miller Law Group, P.C. and its team of real estate lawyers in Charlottesville helps individuals and businesses with real estate matters. For both residential and commercial properties, these typically include:
- Buying and selling — We review your contracts, ensure your closing is the best it can be, fight in your corner to make sure the contracts are followed, coordinate with the many parties that need to communicate for a smooth transaction, answer your questions and handle the paper and financial exchanges.
- Refinancing — Similar to buying property, refinances need a great deal of coordination among parties as well as assistance with answers to questions and with handling the paper and financial exchanges.
- Short sales — Selling your property for less than the total amount owed can be a viable alternative to foreclosure. Closings involving short sales are unique and different from traditional purchases and sales. The professional staff and real estate attorneys at Miller Law Group, P.C. have experience in short sales and provide guidance and support for all parties involved.
- Foreclosure (creditor) — If you hold a deed of trust on a property and the debtors have failed to honor that mortgage, we can assist you in recovering the property through foreclosure.
- Foreclosure (debtor) — If you are the debtor and foreclosure is threatened or scheduled, we can discuss and implement alternatives to help you keep your home.
- Seller financing — If your buyer has trouble qualifying for a loan, you may be interested as the seller to help finance the deal. We can help you understand whether this choice is right for you, and if so, guide you through the process step-by-step.
- Reverse mortgages — If you are over age 62, own your own home and otherwise qualify, you might find a reverse mortgage helpful. Miller Law Group, P.C. can help you look at this alternative that lets you stay in your home without making monthly mortgage payments and may even let you obtain some of the value (equity) from your home for your financial needs.
- Gifting and Family Land — Central Virginia is unique in the amount of family land that passes between generations. Miller Law Group, P.C. is skilled in assisting families with the proper procedure for gifting family land.
- Lifetime Estates — This is a useful tool to assist families to keep “family land” intact while allowing for those they love (members by marriage or “significant other” relationships) to remain in a property for life.
- Loan Modifications — A terrific solution to financial strain may be a loan modification. Those who have tried this on their own have commented they find the mortgage company “runaround game” to be very frustrating. Miller Law Group, P.C. may be able to help you streamline the process and achieve results with less hassle and headache.
Only a real estate attorney can advocate for you in the most important and valuable transactions of your life.
Real estate transactions involve great detail. Our real estate attorneys and professional staff can protect your interests and apply our knowledge of local, state and federal law to your benefit. Only an attorney can assist you in solving issues that come up.
Anyone can watch you sign your real estate and loan documents, but only an attorney can answer your questions and explain what you are signing. This is the most important transaction of your life; why trust anyone other than your attorney?
A Charlottesville real estate attorney can save you time and money
A well-articulated contract can protect your interests. We apply our knowledge of local realty and federal and Virginia law to draft your contracts or review contracts on your behalf. Should there be a breach of contract between buyer and seller or with a contractor, we advocate for your rights through settlement or litigation in court.
A residential real estate lawyer can open the door to a great closing
The skilled Charlottesville real estate lawyers at Miller Law Group, P.C. comprise a well-oiled machine along with multiple, experienced closers and detail-oriented real estate processors. We handle all aspects of residential real estate matters, including:
- Contract drafting and review
- Easements and restrictions
- Financing and mortgages
- Home construction
- Homeowners association disputes
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Permitting and zoning
- Sales contracts
- Title research and clearance
Hollymead Title Services, Inc. is housed in our offices, allowing us to offer you quick response with competitive title policy prices and enhanced coverage.
Some of our clients seek to deed their homes to their children through a lifetime estate transfer. We help them realize their goals while at the same time minimizing any gift tax implications.
For Information on First Time Home Buyer course by Piedmont Housing Alliance
We help you live your life!
With more than 30 years of combined experience, our real estate attorneys in Charlottesville and professional staff at Miller Law Group, P.C. have worked hard to protect what’s important to our clients, including their assets and their families. Call us locally at 434-202-5293 or contact us online today for your FREE APPOINTMENT. Our law firm is located behind the Senior Center and is handicapped-accessible. Parking is available outside the door.
Serving the communities of central Virginia, including Albemarle, Augusta, Buckingham, Charlottesville, Culpeper, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Orange, Harrisonburg, Staunton and Waynesboro